All of the taxi bookings are controlled by trained operators in our call centre based in Wallsend. Below is an explanation of the procedures involved in booking a taxi with Blueline.
- call made
- time date place destination name taken
- operator will input your details into our computer system
- operator repeats your details to confirm booking
- computer will then select a suitable vehicle in our fleet which is transfered the information
- operator gives you and estimated time of arrival of your vehicle
- operator asks if you require ringback service or textback service, the text back service is free.
- system updated
The booking process normally only takes one minute and the next you hear from us is when your taxi arrives and you are informed of this by ringback.
Whenever possible, it is always advisable to book your taxi in advance. It is worth noting that pre-made bookings will always take priority. If you have a disability or require a special vehicle like the one in the image above then it is advisable that you book a day in advance.
Please be aware that Blueline cannot guarantee ongoing journey connections.
So when booking a taxi which is taking you to another journey connection please ensure you leave enough time to catch say a Train, Plane or Bus, in addition consider things like time of day, traffic rush hours, prevailing weather conditions, etc.
If you are in any doubt then please ring our call centre on 0191 262 6666 for assistance.
Please be aware that you may incur additional charges if the taxi has to travel through the Tyne Tunnel to pick you up or take you to your destination.
◦We operate a Free Text back service to let you know your car is on it’s way.